The Master of Pastoral Care enables students to acquire a deep and broad understanding of key themes and methodologies in pastoral care and to integrate knowledge of the field.
Entry Requirements: Successful completion of an undergraduate degree, or an approved equivalent.
- 96 points of Foundational units comprised of:
48 points in the discipline of Biblical Studies;
24 points in the discipline of Systematic Theology;
and 24 points in the discipline of Pastoral Theology and Ministry Studies
- 96 points of Elective units in the discipline of Pastoral Theology and Ministry Studies
- 24 points of Elective units in any discipline
- One Capstone unit of at least 24 points in the discipline of Pastoral Theology and Ministry Studies or in synthesis with it
- Further Foundational or Elective units to make a total of 288 points.
Normal Duration: 2 – 6 years
Articulation: Master of Theology (Research), Master of Philosophy, Doctor of Philosophy/Theology [If MPC from the University of Divinity, with a 16,000 minor thesis graded to at least 75%].