The Master of Education and Theology is a coursework Master’s degree offered by CTC and YTU in collaboration and Australian Lutheran College (ALC).
- an undergraduate degree; and
- a qualification recognised for teacher registration in Australia; and
- two years of full-time teaching experience or part-time equivalent.
216 Credit points (nine units) with up to 108 points of Credit available
- 24 point unit: DR9663Y /DM9663Y/ DE9663Y Leadership for Mission in a Catholic School;
or DE9016L Education and Theology in Dialogue (ALC)
- 24 point unit: BS9662Y Interpreting Biblical Texts (or an alternative unit in Biblical Studies or Systematic Theology)
- 48 points in any combination of the disciplines of Biblical Studies, Systematic Theology, Education or Religious Education
- 24 point capstone unit integrating the disciplines of Education and Systematic Theology;
or a minor thesis on a related theme
- further Foundational, Elective, Praxis or Capstone units
A minimum of 96 points of Elective units must be included
Normal Duration: 1.5 – 4.5 years
Articulation: If the Master of Education and Theology includes a Minor Thesis of 16,000 words graded to at least 75% and a 75% average across the coursework components of the degree, one can articulate to a Research Masters [MPhil, MTheol (Research)] or direct entry to a doctoral award [PhD].