All Students (Domestic and Overseas)

Overseas students should additionally be familiar with The National Code of Practice for Registration Authorities and Providers of Education and Training to Overseas Students (The National Code of Practice for Providers of Education and Training to Overseas Students 2018) published by the Australian Federal Government.     See:

While all students are invited to attend the Orientation for new students, there are particular requirements for overseas students. All students on an overseas student visa must attend the orientation session that directly addresses their welfare while studying in Australia and the responsibilities that accompany this particular visa.

The dates for the General Orientation event and the Overseas Student Orientation are included in the Academic Calendar on the YTU Website.

through the YTU Office – Phone 03 9890 3771  OR email or

For Coursework Students please contact the ">Academic Dean, Ross Fishburn.
For GCTRE students please contact ">Associate Professor Michael Kelly.
For Higher Degree by Research students please contact ">Matthew Beckmann

Domestic Coursework student’s admission and re-enrolment periods:
• Monday 21 November – Friday 9 December 2022
• Monday 23 January – Friday 3 February 2023
• Monday 19 June – Friday 30 June 2023
• Monday 28 November – Friday 17 December 2023 for Enrolments for the 2024 year
Overseas Coursework Students re-enrolment periods: as above

Overseas Students:  Click here for more information

Higher Degrees by Research are admitted throughout the year.  Contact the YTU Dean (Ross Fishburn) & Matthew Beckmann early to begin planning.

NEW Domestic Students need to bring the following to the interview:
• Academic Transcripts (VCE Certificate or equivalent and other tertiary transcripts). If the transcript is a copy it needs to be certified.
• Proof of Australian Citizenship (Current passport OR Birth Certificate and name-change documents)
• Domestic Sponsor Statement, and/ or sponsorship documentation
• For Upfront Fees a cheque or credit card details is required (If not paying by Bpay or through FEE-HELP)
• For FEE-HELP a Tax File Number is required (applications are completed online)

ALL Students must enrol by the above dates.
Only in exceptional circumstances would a student be permitted to enrol in a unit after the classes in that unit have begun.

Student ID Cards:
A University of Divinity Student ID Card will be issued by YTU once the student has officially been enrolled. YTU will take a photo at your interview meeting and then issue the card.

The College reserves the right to alter or cancel unit offerings when circumstances warrant, especially if an insufficient number is enrolled.

YTU reserves the right to use its discretion in accepting applications for enrolment and re-enrolment Students wishing to take units at other colleges must enrol through the Academic Dean of YTU.

Any change in enrolment must be authorised, in writing using the appropriate form, by the Academic Dean or Research & Education Coordinator of YTU. These changes must occur BEFORE the Census Date in each semester (normally, three weeks into the semester).