Fees 2018

BTheol (and Diploma courses): $1548.00 per 15 point unit of study
Postgraduate Courses $2400.00 per 15 point unit of study
GCTRE units $1632.00 per 16 point unit of study
GCTRE Integrative unit $816.00 per   8 point unit of study
Audit (unit taken without assessment): $500.00 per 15 point unit of study
Not for Credit Units $250.00 per unit

Cost for Copies of Certified Academic Transcript & AHEGS (all awards)

Academic Transcripts PRIOR to 1978 (3 Copies) – $100
Academic Transcripts 1978 onwards (3 Copies) – $50
AHEGS (1 copy) – $30

No extra fees apply – library/borrowing fees are included.

No refund of fees applies after the stated Census Dates for 2018: 20 March for first semester and 21 August for second semester.

Fees for not for credit units and audit units are invoiced by YTU after enrolment and payable by census date

Fees for Undergraduate and Postgraduate Courses are paid directly to University of Divinity (UD) which will issue an itemised invoice when the enrolment is processed.  When a student applies for FEE-HELP at enrolment, the fees owing will be paid by the government through the UD office.

UD regulations require accounts to be paid in full before results are released or the next semester’s enrolment is confirmed.

Student Representative Council

Email address:

The SRC of YTU provides tea and coffee facilities in the Common Room during semester.   The SRC asks that students make a voluntary donation of at least $15 per semester to the SRC funds to cover this cost.

Bursaries for Tuition

Fees for all UD awards are set by UD, and must be equal across each student group, to accord with recent Commonwealth legislation.  This has led to a rise in undergraduate fees.  To assist students, a UD Bursary Fund has been established.  It has limited funds available, but further donations are being sought (these are tax deductible).  The criteria to be used when allocating bursaries include sources of support available to students and each student’s progress thus far, as well as a student’s need for tuition fee support.  Applications are treated in strict confidence.

To apply for assistance, submit a completed application form to the Academic Dean. (Application forms are available from the Registrar.)

Fee reductions can also be negotiated in cases of need or hardship.  Application forms are available from the Registrar.


Students in any University of Divinity course who are Australian citizens, or hold a permanent humanitarian visa, can have their tuition fees met by a loan from the Commonwealth Government. The scheme – brought in under the Higher Education Support Act (HESA, 2003) – is called the Higher Education Loan Program: FEE–HELP for short.

NB: All students who accessed PELS (Postgraduate Education Loans Scheme) in 2004 are also eligible for FEE–HELP, even if they are not Australian citizens.

The process for applying for FEE-HELP has recently changed and applications must now be submitted online before the census date of your first unit.

Step one (you): Contact your Home College to let them know you wish to apply for FEE-HELP. Your intention to apply for FEE-HELP should be clearly indicated on your admission or re-enrolment (or financial variation) form. You will need to present proof of your eligibility for FEE-HELP (Australian Passport, Birth Certificate, humanitarian visa or citizenship certificate).

Step two (your College): Your College will apply for an eCAF (electronic Commonwealth Assistance Form) registration number on your behalf. You will then receive an email from the Department of Education and Training inviting you to complete your eCAF.

Step three (you): The invitation will include a web-link which you will access with the Passkey given in the email and your date of birth. You will need your Tax File No. to complete your eCAF. If there are any errors in your eCAF which you are unable to edit, then you must contact your College to correct this before you submit it.

You must submit your eCAF before the census date of your first unit. This will be listed on the eCAF. Otherwise, you will have to pay tuition fees in full upfront.

Ask your Home College if you need assistance at any stage of the process.

Your fees will be paid to the Office of the Vice-Chancellor by the Commonwealth Government, and YTU will receive payment for your classes and library use.

  1. For undergraduate courses (BTheol, AdvDipMin, DipMin) the Government adds a 25% loan fee to your tax liability (e.g., a unit costing $1548 will incur a tax liability of $1935 per unit). For postgraduate courses (GradCert, GradDips, Masters, Doctorates) only the amount borrowed is subject to repayment. Only take out a loan for complete units for which you are enrolled (e.g., request a loan for one, two or three units but not fractions).
  2. You must have a Tax File Number to apply for a FEE–HELP loan.
  3. Your loan is repaid through the tax system. When your income reaches the threshold (in 2017 this was $54,869 you pay a proportion back with your tax. The higher your income, the higher the repayment proportion, starting at 4.0%.If you make a voluntary repayment of $500 or more, you will receive a bonus of 5%.This means your account will be credited with an additional 5% of the value of your payment. The bonus is 5% of the payment amount, not 5% of the total debt. Voluntary repayments are in addition to the compulsory repayments made through your tax return. Your FEE–HELP tax liability goes up by CPI on 1st June each year. If someone with a FEE–HELP debt dies, only the repayment due in that tax year is billed; the rest is cancelled.
  4. The Government requires that, before you sign the FEE–HELP form, you must read the FEE–HELP Information booklet so that you are aware of your obligations under the scheme. If you participate in FEE–HELP, your details will be listed in DEEWR’S Higher Education Information Management System (HEIMS), and you will receive a Commonwealth Higher Education Student Support Number (CHESSN), which remains unique to you for life.

The administration at the University and YTU offices take your right to privacy seriously, and only use information you provide for the purpose for which you give it to us.

For further information:

  • Visit the Study assist  website at: www.studyassist.gov.au
  • Call the FEE–HELP enquiry line on 1800 020 108.